Sunday, July 5, 2009

SAYING GOODBYE


Ok, I waited and waited until after the media quieted down and the jokes lightened up so I could clear my head and ponder some thoughts. Having emotional and physical issues myself, I looked at Jackson's' issues, or what I may view as issues. We all wonder what we would do if we had tons of money. MJ wanted all of the things he didn't have growing up. He wanted to look like someone he wasn't. He just wanted to be a kid, play with kids and do things for kids. He missed out on being a kid because his dad was chasing him and beating him and making him rehearse all the time. Like Elvis, Anna Nicole and countless others, MJ could buy his way to whatever he wanted, including drugs. How sad. MJ left us with a ton of good music as did Elvis and James Brown. One week before MJ died I heard Thriller on our local collage radio station WYSO. I stopped what I was doing and said, "man, I haven't heard that in a while." When I had learned that MJ had passed I instantly remembered that very moment. Then I remembered all the great times I had roller skating to all the songs from the Off The Wall album. Good times. Thanks Micheal. What a terrible past couple of weeks. Like Farrah, Ed, Billy, Carl, Gale and David, you will be missed. May you all rest in peace.

No comments: