Sunday, August 9, 2009

IT WAS 40 YEARS AGO TODAY....


Went to my collection today and got out my Abbey Road album. I was 19, going into the Army when I purchased it. Growing up with the Beatles I thought it was the end of the world. The last album? No way! No more Beatles! I remember watching them live on Ed Sullivan, growing my hair to look like Paul, listening to the Meet the Beatles album while waiting for the school bus. I lived, breathed and ate The Beatles. My Dad sang Hey Jude in the shower. We patiently awaited by the old AM radio for the next Beatles hit which seemed like a weekly event. Wow, what good times. So, its time to dust off the old turntable and let the needle down on Come Together. It don't get no better than this.

1 comment:

Inga said...

The Best band ever. I will play my albums with you Chop.
XOXOX
Inga