Monday, January 4, 2010

THOSE ANNOYING TV ADS!!!

I love watching commercials, well fun ones, interesting ones and informative ones. Back in the day it was taboo to put another company down in a TV ad. I remember when they started doing it, everyone was shocked. They are not allowed to do that, we said, we didn't know the laws of advertising had changed. So the mud slinging began and today it's ridiculous.

When the Time Warner ad comes on about other companies hating puppies, I can't get to the remote fast enough to change the channel. Fact- I hate that commercial! With the money you save you could also buy a mountain of baby food. Does that mean they hate babies? You could buy wheel chairs. Now your saying they hate the disabled? I had Time Warner Cable at one time. Fact- they hate good service. Fact- They hate good PR. Fact- the accounting department stinks!

Then there are the GM ads with Howie Long. Howie uses that tough guy approach putting everyone down and being a smart-ass. He made fun of the guy with the man step, which backfired since people were running into Ford dealerships to get one. Then he made fun of heated steering wheels and seats. REAL men like Howie don't need that girlie stuff. Now he is making fun of the contractor. What's next Howie, making fun of cowgirls that drive an F-150 Ford or a Ram pickup? I'd love to see that. I know one that would kick your ass. And oh yeah Howie, I have an F-150. My daughter drives a Honda Fit and my son drives a Honda Civic. And yes, GM can not compare to the self-propelled Honda mower. I have one of those also.

Thriving companies don't have to sling Mud. It just seems to me, instead of coming on like you are desperate, which you are, you would promote and market your product and just YOUR product. Slamming the other guy does not impress me and will NOT earn my business!

No comments: